As boldly put in its vision, Mekelle University aspires to become one of the top 25 universities in Africa by 2025 by emphasizing on empowering local communities, excelling in innovation and entrepreneurship, and partnering national and international institutions. There have been and still are ongoing major achievements in community empowerment, academics and research. Regarding networking and internationalization in Mekelle University, one cannot deny the visible benefits gained from partnerships with various institutions and organizations from every corner of the globe. Considering the role of international networking in the growth of Mekelle University from under a tree to numerous village size campuses, it is important to pay due attention and gear efforts towards a well managed, ever increasing and fruitful internationalization activities. Internationalization is the process of integrating an international, inter-cultural or global dimension into the purpose, functions or delivery of tertiary education.
- To Take a frontline role in the journey of internationalizing Mekelle University by successfully implementing exercises and experiences that enhance quality and standard, and ensure the availability of international standard campus environment.
- International movement of students between countries (universities)
- International Movement of staff and researchers
- Internationalization of higher education curricula in order to achieve better understandings about other people and cultures, and competence in foreign languages
- International links between national states, through open learning program and new technologies
- Bi-lateral links between governments and higher institutions in different countries for collaboration in research, curriculum development, student and staff exchange, and other international activities
- Multi-nation collaboration such as via international organization or through consortia
- Convergence of system and international recognition (Credit system and Accreditation issues)
International Affairs Directorate
Ground Floor, Room A1-114